Monday, October 21, 2019

Lee's Diner, Now Open Extended Hours

Image result for lots of breakfast foodWeekday mornings are a bit of a fire drill, between taking care of my own to-do's (Bible/pray, email/social, exercise, shower/dressed/packed) and doubling-team Asher with Amy.  (Aaron and Jada, bless them, are pretty autonomous about getting themselves up and out to school.)




Morning cartoons are something Asher adores, and we are happy to oblige so long as he is eating breakfast.  I usually make myself an omelette or oatmeal, whereas Asher tends to like cereal or a bagel.  Fruit for the older kids and lunch for me is also in the mix.  It all gets done, somehow.

Weekends, Lee's Diner has a little bit more time.  I'm up early on Saturday to make breakfast for Aaron before swim practice.  Bacon, eggs, and grilled cheese sandwiches have been on the menu for so long that I can practically make them in my sleep, which is funny because I'm usually half-asleep while making them.

Lately, I've been experimenting with pancakes on Sunday mornings, which the older kids appreciate although picky Asher hasn't yet taken to.  For the longest time, I thought of something like pancakes as being beyond my abilities, but it took a cursory read of one of Amy's cookbooks to realize that it's really just a matter of mixing a bunch of things in a bowl and scooping them onto our griddle.

That's basically the extent of my cooking abilities, besides the occasional stir fry when I'm pressed into service for a non-breakfast meal.  (Not sure I would count grilling as cooking, at least how I do it, since my way is pretty low-maintenance.)  Still, nice to be able to say that Lee's Diner is open an extra day and has new additions to its menu. 

No comments: