Friday, October 05, 2018

Transitioning into Adolescence

Even as most of our parental energy is spent corralling and cajoling our little tyrant Asher, Aaron (age 11) and Jada (13) are in need of significant care as they enter into adolescence.  So I am thankful for two remarkable readings that arrived in my life just in time.

The first is "Untangled: Guiding Teenage Girls Through the Seven Transitions Into Adulthood," by Lisa D'Amour, an incredible window into what is going in with teen girls and how we can help them grow, and which I will be excerpting later this week on my "Musings of an Urban Christian" blog.

The second is "Multiple Writers, One Pen: Welcoming Your Child to Adolescence," a beautiful open letter from a father to his son, written by the husband of a friend of mine. 

If you have kids heading into adolescence, I strongly recommended both resources.  O how precious our kids are, and how great a responsibility and joy it is to watch them flourish.

No comments: