Monday, October 26, 2015

My Favorite Asher Time

I'm in the middle of a busy time at work and a confluence of multiple nights out late, whether because of clients or boards.  My schedule already requires an early morning out the door, so when I'm later in coming home, my time seeing the kids and especially Asher is constrained significantly.  Weekends afford some catch-up, although they too are a bit of a fire drill, between Aaron and Jada extra-curricular activities and an unending list of chores and errands (plus not a little work-related tasks to tend to that didn't quite get done between Monday and Friday).

One nice Daddy-Asher routine that we've gotten into is the afternoon nap.  Weekend mornings are a whirlwind on Saturdays and Sundays, and the feverish pace recommences in the late afternoon and early evening.  But in between, I can usually get Asher nice and fed, and plop him face down in my chest while I crash on the couch in our living room.  Synchronized snoring usually ensues within minutes.  Even better, I usually wake up first, which not only means I am arising naturally rather than at the other end of a crying baby, but I can spend a few moments just holding my boy and marveling at how precious he is.

I haven't yet figured out how to extract myself from underneath him.  No matter; I've gotten my nap in, he's gotten his, and he's fun awake too.

No comments: