Monday, May 18, 2015

Outing with Asher

Since Asher is so little he's pretty much at home all the time.  Amy will wear him out for a quick walk to the playground or CVS.  I hadn't actually taken him outside since we got back from OKC until yesterday.  Jada was at a friend's and I had some people to see around town, so I figured I would take the boys and let Amy have the house to herself for a couple of hours. 

Since Asher's uncertain sleep schedule has had me grounded in the morning when I usually exercise, I decided we'd just walk all the way downtown.  It's not as hard as it sounds, since it was a nice day and there were so many people out to make the stroll pleasant.  We hit the aftermath of Fels' graduation (and saw many other Penn caps and gowns) on our walk through campus, and made our way to a bar downtown where friends of mine from a global leadership program were in town from all over.  Then I checked in at work, where literally almost every single person was in the office hard at work (we have a bunch of deadlines early this week) before catching a bus back to our neighborhood to pick up Jada and Vietnamese food.

So how did Asher do?  Absolutely perfect.  He slept the whole way out, not starting to fuss until we got to my work.  It was perfect timing, as I could change his diaper in my office and even use some hot water from the water cooler for his bottle.  His first SEPTA bus ride put him to sleep, even. 

Aaron did great too.  He pushed the stroller most of the way, barely complained even though we walked so many miles in humid weather, and was sociable with all the grown-ups I introduced him to. 

All in all, it was a really fun outing.  I'm sure there will be many more.

No comments: