Monday, April 27, 2015
OKC Days 4-6
Some stream-of-consciousness notes from Days 4-6:
* Everything good during 1st check-up except a little jaundice, so we drew blood and are coming back on Monday.
* Birthmother's appearance in court also went as planned, so that's the first step in us being able to go home with Asher.
* I worked almost a full work day between editing reports and running phone meetings; Asher crashed out on Amy's chest for most of the time so was very well-behaved.
* Rough night so late morning...not sure how life is going to work once we are back to our normal schedules.
* A beautiful day, and everybody in the city seemed to be out for a stroll like us, in the Bricktown / Myriad Botanical Gardens area.
* Forgot how unusual a four-day-old baby is to be seen out in public, since so many people stopped us while we were out and about to coo at our newborn.
* Amy did all the overnight shifts, bless her heart; one good night's sleep can make all the difference!
* Visited the OKC National Memorial & Museum...what an emotionally charged experience to take in all of the information, imagery, and remembrances.
* The city was in some ways abuzz (marathon, baseball tournament) and in other ways deadsville (medical school campus area largely devoid of traffic because it's Sunday).