We're in OKC counting down the days until we can return home with Asher. Some stream-of-consciousness notes from our first three days here; note that each of these items is a story unto itself, which hopefully time will permit a fuller elaboration on at a later date:
* Saying bye to Jada and Aaron with many tears, both from missing them and also being so thankful to God for them.
* First trip with Amy and without kids since we became parents; it feels weird.
* Speaking of travel, we can't pack so light anymore; I counted seven pieces of luggage between the two of us.
* First impressions of Asher: such a chill baby.
* Meeting the birth-mother and our social worker in the flesh for the first time; what a precious experience.
* Oh hello, a champagne and cheese plate waiting for us at Embassy Suites with a note of congratulations.
* Ugh...Amy got food poisoning and feels horrible.
* Hello, seeing Asher's eyes for the first time.
* Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork.
* 2 Walmart runs in one day = 2 more Walmart runs than I've made in the last few years.
* Can now add "hospital waiting room" to my list of places I have run work meetings.
* Uh oh...a little jaundiced, so this might delay discharge.
* Went for a run through OKC in the morning, and saw the Memorial and Bricktown on the way.
* Bili levels going up and down, not sure if discharge is today or if he has to go under the lights overnight.
* Yes, we are clear to leave the hospital with Asher! What an out-of-body experience to leave the hospital with a baby boy.
* Three more steps til we can fly home, each of which will take 1-2 business days, so we are looking at middle of next week.