Monday, May 26, 2014

Big Sister Move

Jada is famously selfish, like me.  Genuine acts of generosity and thoughtfulness are hard to come by when it comes to the two of us.  So what she did yesterday was truly blogworthy and praiseworthy.


Since I just started a gig in Wilmington, I decided to take the kids to the Brandywine Zoo.  It's not far from Philly and is a lovely drive once you get into the Wilmington area; in fact, we spent almost as much time outside the zoo enjoying the nearby park and creek as we did inside the zoo.

But while inside the zoo, of course we had to hit the gift shop.  Jada pleaded to use her money to buy a plush zebra, and I said yes.  She knew Aaron wanted something too but didn't have enough money, and so, after a brief pause, asked me if she could use her money to buy Aaron something.

I beamed.  Yes, of course you can be kind to your little brother.  The two of them reveled in their new toys, and I reveled in a true act of selflessness from my daughter.

No comments: