Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Cali 2013, Day 5 of 15






I promised the kids a sample of the famous coffeecake at Hobee's, a Bay Area institution, and today was the day I followed through on that promise. We met my sister and her husband and son there. I ordered three big slabs and it was thumbs up all around. Afterwards, we hit a nearby park for some run-around before settling in for the long drive to LA. Of course, we hit Casa de Fruta on the way down; I'm physically incapable of making this drive without making this stop. This time, we tried a bag of strawberry pineapples and another bag of "pangos" (mango pineapples). Delicious! Having sated our snacky urge, we powered through the whole way down to LA without stopping. We spent the night at my aunt's house, north of LA, and hit the sack early, eager to wake up the next morning and pick up Amy at the airport.

No comments: