Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Cali 2013, Day 4 of 15






We spent the day at Santa Cruz Beach and Boardwalk, and it was great.  We arrived around 11ish while it was still grayish, walked the length of the boardwalk from the one end where we parked our car to the other end where we like to set up base camp.  My sister and her husband and baby were able to join us for the day as well, which made things extra fun.  They arrived just a few minutes after we had found a cozy spot to settle in, but it was enough time for the kids to slather on sunblock and hit the ocean.

The sun broke out not long after and the kids had limitless energy to be pummeled by the waves, crawl through the sand, and take in all the sights and smells on a gorgeous August day.  I was content to catch up with my sister and brother-in-law or put my nose in a book, but every once in a while, I joined the kids in the water and delighted in all the splashing and giggling.  We concluded the day by taking the Skyride the length of the boardwalk back to the end near where we were parked.  I can't imagine a summer trip to the Bay Area now without a day at the beach.

No comments: