Monday, October 29, 2012

There Is Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Not sure why it took all the way to late October for me to figure this out, but lunch is free at Aaron's school.  After making lunches for as far as I can remember, I never thought about having Aaron just eat at school.  But Aaron pestered me and (knowing how I make decisions) was careful to say, "it costs no money."  I confirmed this with the cafeteria lady last week, so as of this week Aaron won't be packing anymore. 

As someone who packed a lunch all through my grade school days, the thought of Aaron eating school lunch is strange and new.  But, with the focus nowadays on nutrition, I know he'll be getting a balanced meal.  And I know he'll be happy.  Plus, we'll be saving some time in the morning, as well as some dough, which I can put towards school fundraisers.  Everybody wins!  And you thought economists thought there was no such thing as a free lunch.

No comments: