Saturday, December 31, 2011

December in California, Day Seven

On our last full day in Cali, I had made plans to see some dear high school friends of mine and their families. The meeting spot was my friend Ceech's house in Gilroy. Gilroy is also home to some really nice premium outlets, so we headed down a hair early and got something for everyone.

We then made the short drive to Ceech's and spent the rest of the morning and well into the afternoon catching up with old friends and letting all the kids eat and play to their heart's content. Ceech lives in a quiet suburb, so playing on the sidewalks and streets outside was no problem, something of a treat for my two. (So was playing video games; Jada particularly liked Just Dance.)

By the time we got back to my parents' house, my sister had arrived from Merced. I drove my dad to the place where my mom's van was getting fixed up while the kids watched Pink Panther. When we returned home, I bathed the kids and packed for our trip home. Then it was time for dinner, cooked by my sister. Soon, it was off to bed, with thoughts of home already in our head.

No comments: