Thursday, September 01, 2011

San Jose Summer 2011 - Day 3

I squeezed a run in first thing in the morning before the kids woke up, but barely: as I returned home at 5:30a, Jada was just starting to stir. I shooed her out of her room because she had turned the light on and Aaron was still sleeping, so I let her come into my room to do her finger-knitting. Soon after, Aaron was up, and they puttered around my room and their room doing their homework and watching Dora on Netflix before we went down for breakfast.

After breakfast, we stayed up on the second floor while my dad tended to my mom. I fell asleep while Aaron watched more TV and Jada played cards. We left the house around 9:30a to meet a friend of mine at the Oakland Zoo. We had a grand old time catching up while our kids explored the place. I even took the kids on the Sky Ride, which is like a ski lift; though I warned them we would be way up high, it was actually me who got scared at being so far off the ground, while the kids giggled their way through the 20-minute tour above the zoo.

We got back home in the early afternoon and spent the rest of the day with my mom. My sister made pizza for dinner and soon it was off to bed. All they do here in California is eat, sleep, and play, so it's no surprise they want to move here.










No comments: