Wednesday, August 31, 2011

San Jose Summer 2011 - Day 2

The kids are notorious for waking up insanely early on our first day in California, but this morning they were up at 5:30a, which is reasonable. By 7a, we were down for breakfast, right around when my mom was waking up in the next room over from the dinner table. We ate and caught up, and then holed up upstairs while my dad took care of a few things with my mom.

Around 9ish, after rush hour traffic had blown over, we headed south to see my high school friend in Gilroy. He walked us to a nearby park so the kids could play while we caught up. We ended up back at his house for lunch, and my sister, who was driving in from Merced, met us there.

From there, we hit the nearby premium outlet mall before heading back, just ahead of my parents, who were returning from a doctor's appointment. I spent the rest of the afternoon in my mom's room talking, with the kids coming in and out at times to join in.

We all ate dinner, and then talked some more over dessert while the kids were upstairs playing. Soon enough, it was time for them to go to bed, and once again I was not far behind them.



No comments: