Thursday, June 10, 2010

Aaron is Our Eenie Meenie Miney Mo Lover


With apologies to Sean Kingston and Justin Bieber, Aaron is our "eenie meenie miney mo lover," in that he can't make up his "mind, mind, mind, mind." Take the typical morning exchange:

me, showing him the container of granola - "Aaron, do you want granola?"

Aaron, with arms folded - "No."

me, putting the container of granola away - "OK, no granola."

Aaron, immediately frantic - "Uh, uh, uh . . . I want granola!"

me, rubbing my brow and taking a deep breath - "OK, let's try this again - would you like granola?"

Aaron, increasingly defiant - "No!"


Of course, once he's gotten some food in his system, he's sweet as anything. So it's more about blood sugar than indecisiveness. Still, he's our eenie meenie miney mo lover.

No comments: