Saturday, July 19, 2008

Night Shift

I have my hands so full with the two kids before and after work and on
the weekends that I often forget how lucky I am that I don't have to
have my hands full with them overnight. For all of Jada's evening
theatrics and for as early as she's up the next morning, at least
she's silent in between. And Aaron's legendary sleep habits are
well-documented.

But Amy, who is often up in the middle of night, reminds me that the
night shift isn't as quiet as I imagine. Aaron usually wakes up in
the middle of the night and jabbers, and sometimes even cries for a
spell, although he always gets himself back down to sleep. And last
night, Jada's stomach bug reared its ugly head, as she threw up at
11:30, which Amy cleaned up, and again at 4:30, which I took care of.
So the next time I get a full night's sleep, I'll be sure not to take
it for granted.

No comments: