Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Fish Fry

Just when I thought the fish would outlast us, they all turned up
upside down on the same morning. I was rushing to get out the door
with the kids when I remembered the fish needed breakfast. "Jada,
come help me feed the fishies!" But then I saw them, whitened,
bug-eyed, and floating, all three of them, like some kind of death
pact. I hardly had time to wash out the fish tank and I didn't have
time to give them a proper burial.

As for a possible teaching moment, I decided to tell Jada that "the
fishies go bye-bye." When I asked her if she missed them, she said
matter-of-factly, "No." "Me, neither," I replied. Well, it was fun
while it lasted.

1 comment:

michaela said...

As you say - it was fun while it lasted! At least Lily was spared from witnessing the fish death pact. Thanks for caring for them for the past month!