Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Our Little Curmudgeon

It was raining on the way home from day care earlier this week, so I had the clear cover over our stroller.  Aaron did not take well to being shielded from the elements, and, in the local parlance, "fell out."  He was shrieking, flailing, and otherwise doing everything in his power to let me know he wasn't having the clear cover.  If I wasn't worried about him jumping clear out of the stroller or angry because his antics were extending our time in the rain, I would have just chuckled, because it really was a sight to behold.

Finally, after 15 minutes of stopping, propping Aaron back up, and starting again, I gave up, and removed the tarp and carried it under my arm, never mind that this was hard to do with one hand holding an umbrella and Aaron continuing to scream.  When we got home and I set him down on the porch to gather all my belongings, he took another swipe at the clear cover and fell over backwards.  He continued his ranting inside, pushing his milk bottle away not once but twice before taking it.  Then, he shrieked some more, so I just had to put him in the Pack n Play for a few minutes to give myself a minute. 

When I returned to get him and put him back in the high chair, he had calmed a bit, and when I put food in front of him - the same food he had angrily refused not three minutes ago, he sighed, as if to say, "Hey, what's this - turkey burger!"  And for the rest of the meal, he was content to munch away at everything I threw on his tray.  Our little curmudgeon: he may be crabby, but eventually, his stomach wins out.

No comments: