Sunday, February 05, 2006

Not Much of a Reliever




I told Amy I'd be a little busier this semester, so she'd have to take
Jada on a little bit more of the week than last semester. And sure
enough, that's how it's played out. So on the weekends, I try to
catch up, so Amy can get a bit of a break, no small luxury when you're
missing a thyroid and your energy levels can plummet at a moment's
notice.

But all the good intentions in the world sometimes don't make up for
the fact that our little one right now is in a Mommy phase. That is
to say, if given a choice between me and Amy, she'll hold out for Amy.
I've still been able to take on more of the Jada-watching this
weekend, but for Amy it hasn't been as restful as it could've been;
it's hard to fully chill when you know there's a little one who's
clamoring to be held by you. But hey, this problem has a sweet side
benefit: there's a little one who's clamoring to be held by you.

No comments: