Wednesday, October 26, 2005

More Precious Than a Baby Sleeping

Is there anything more precious than a baby sleeping?  Yes – a mother and baby sleeping. 

 

Amy woke up at 3:45 am when Jada awoke crying.  I got up an hour later and took on Jada, while Amy went back to bed.  But I had a weekly prayer meeting I wanted to attend, so when the time came to leave the house, I brought Jada into the bedroom.  She was wired at that point, so leaving her in her crib would have meant non-stop crying until I got home.  Amy said she was exhausted, so I should bring Jada into bed with her.  I left the two and headed out for the prayer meeting.

 

Though I had thought about staying home to take care of Jada, by the time I got to the prayer meeting and reunited with the men who I meet with weekly (and who I hadn't seen for three weeks, since I was in China), I was glad I had come. 

 

But when the meeting ended, I was eager to rush home to see how Jada had done.  I came home and found the two in our bed, fast asleep.  Is there anything more precious than a baby sleeping?  Yes – a mother and baby sleeping. 

 

I love my girls.

No comments: