Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Hershey

I promised Aaron that if he did good on his standardized test, I'd take him for an overnighter to Hershey.  He held up his end of the bargain.  This summer didn't allow an overnighter but we did manage to squeeze in a quick trip to Hershey Park, which we did last weekend.  Some comments and observations:

* We opted for the twilight tickets to save money and avoid lines.  But when we arrived at 5ish, lines were still pretty long, and they stayed long for a good couple of hours.

* For less than a dollar more per ticket, you get a free parlor game and a free snack.  Definitely worth it.

* I was more into water slides, Aaron more into just plain getting wet.

* There are some really good roller coasters at Hershey Park.  Too bad I'm too chicken to ride the really scary ones.  Aaron was ready to go but I demurred.  Someday I'll work up the courage...

* Seriously though, I'm an old man.  How is it that 8 year olds are able to hang while I'm screaming bloody murder?

* Gun n Roses was in concert nearby while we were there.  By the time we left the park, you could basically hear everything from way far away.  Who needs a ticket at that point?

The most important thing was Aaron and I getting to spend the day together.  Can't beat that.

No comments: