Sunday, December 11, 2016

Cameras Down

Jada's holiday concert was yesterday.  At the beginning, a request was made to put the cameras and cell phones down, that a professional photographer was taking pics and they would all be made available for free, and so just enjoy the show.  I recalled from previous concerts that every other person in the audience (me included) had their phones, tablets, and cameras raised high, to record the beautiful sounds and sights.  But at yesterday's concert, mostly everyone complied with the request (me included).

It was nice, to just take in the concert, rather than to try to capture it perfectly on a device.  It was a beautiful concert and I'm sure the memories will last far longer than whatever pics I did sneak in before it started or at the very end.  Maybe more such requests should precede these performances!

No comments: