Saturday, October 29, 2016

My Favorite Kid Is…



This is going to sound awful but I do have a favorite kid.  I suspect every parent does but is loath to say it aloud.  But here I am blogging about it.

My favorite kid is Jada, of course.  She’s our first, the one we’ve known the longest and the one we became parents for the first time with.  She’s most like me in many ways, and so we share a lot of special times together.  I’m convinced we’ll someday to “Amazing Race” together, and we’ll win.

Come to think of it, though, Asher is really my favorite kid.  I just pulled a bunch of photos off my camera and saved them onto our hard drive at home, and it impressed upon me just how many pictures I take of Asher on a monthly basis.  What can I say?  I adore the little dude, so much so that every snap is an attempt to freeze our time together.

But actually Aaron is my favorite kid.  He and I are Taiwanese boys, after all, so we have to look out for each other.  Unlike Jada, he still kisses me goodnight every evening.  For all the haranguing I have to do with him, I do recognize that he listens to me and I am proud of the ways he takes my words (and others’) seriously. 

So, yeah, I have a favorite kid.  Times three.  I’m blessed like that.


No comments: