Monday, July 06, 2015

Sleep, Away

Jada and Aaron are both off at Christian sleepaway camps, and Amy and I are doting on Asher in their absence.   It will be strange but fun to just have one at home.  We miss our two olders dearly.

I drove Jada up to her camp.  She'd been waiting all year to return, but when we arrived her friends from last time weren't there yet, so she was somewhat subdued.  I did enjoy the drive up, as I blasted Mozart as well as old songs from before she was born; the one she recognized, from Christina Aguilera, we sang along to at the top of our lungs.  It was fun to have that dad-daughter moment.  I made it back from camp in record time, barely 2 hours on account of pretty light traffic.

Amy's parents took Aaron and hit massive traffic on the way back so didn't get back to their home til quite late.  Aaron predictably took to his new setting with gusto, passing his swim test and generally feeling good.  I'm excited for the great time he is going to have.  We are praying for both to be safe, make friends, create unforgettable memories, and dig deep into their relationship with God through nature and Bible lessons.

No comments: