Tuesday, March 24, 2015

March Madness

https://thisguyslifeblog.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/hurry-up-and-wait.jpgIf you hadn't heard, we're back to not knowing when Asher is coming.  If you're keeping score, that means that in less than a week, we've gone from:

* Assuming Asher was arriving in early May and slowly making preparations to be ready by then.

* Hearing that the birthmother was going into labor and we ought to get to OKC ASAP.

* Finding out they were able to delay labor for a week, allowing us to make plans to be on site by Tuesday.

* Learning she was discharged and will be allowed to let nature run its course, which means labor resumes anywhere from immediately to the original due date several weeks later.

So, between making travel plans, clearing out space in our two jobs, and figuring out what to do with the kids, we've had to throw out everything that was supposed to start today and instead just wait until we get a green light.  Given the fact that this time labor will take hours instead of days, it's likely we won't be there for Asher's birth but rather a few days later. 

In the grand scheme of things, this delay is probably good for Asher's physical health.  But it is wreaking havoc on our emotional health.  (Deep breaths, trying to trust in God's timing.) 
Post a Comment