Wednesday, March 27, 2013

National Geographic, the Second Generation

http://mw1.google.com/mw-earth-vectordb/ng/ng1/200309/NatGeoMag200309ZebrasBorntoRoam05_300bh.jpgI could not get enough of National Geographic when I was a kid.  The pictures, the stories, and, of course, the maps.  Oh, the maps.  What wonderful memories, and to this day I am a lover of pictures and stories and maps from around the world.

So I am delighted to see Jada gravitate to these things as well.  I stopped by the National Geographic Museum after my meeting in DC last week to pick up some souvenirs and some brochures, and when I showed everything to Jada later that week her eyes bulged with excitement. 

Some day soon, I will take her to DC and to the museum itself.  And, maybe sooner, a magazine subscription is in order as well.  Looking forward to poring over issues and maps with the next generation. 

No comments: