Thursday, July 05, 2012

San Jose, Day 5

Though I was still fighting a nasty cough, I decided to go for a quick morning run, just to get the circulation going.  It made for a good morning: run, breakfast, nap, ahh.  We headed out in the late morning to the premium outlets in Gilroy, en route to my friend's house, where I met up with him and some other old friends.  We caught up while the kids ate ice cream, played video games, and bounced around in the backyard.

We hardly had any appetite for dinner when we returned home but ate anyway, and then bided our time until dark to watch the fireworks from our driveaway.  I fell hopelessly asleep waiting; gosh, I can't even make it to 9:30p!  The kids enjoyed the show, which was coming from a local high school nearby, and then I shooed them off to sleep.  Another happy day of pleasant weather, relaxation, and good California fun.


No comments: