Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Ocean City 2011 - Day 3

Day 3 started early: I woke up, biked down to the boardwalk, and banged out a few miles of running. Thankfully, the kids decided to sleep in, so all was still quiet when I returned home. I love a quiet house in the morning after a good run, no matter where the house is.

After breakfast, Amy's dad and I took the kids to the nature preserve on the very southern tip of Ocean City. Then, we hit the beach. The early morning cloudiness gave way to a gorgeous sunny day, so we spent the rest of the day in the water and on the sand. I got a little burnt, as did Amy, while the kids browned beautifully.

We had an early dinner and then headed down to the boardwalk to window shop, eat curly fries and ice cream, and ride some rides. The kids gloried in it all, which made me smile. We headed home and put them to bed, and then I fired up the laptop for hopefully the one and only time this vacation, to get some work in that had been waiting for me. Life's good on the beach.










No comments: