Sunday, March 06, 2011
For Amy and me, yesterday epitomized the evolution of our lives:
* Before we got married, Saturday meant going roller-blading and canoodling in the park.
* After we got married but before we had kids, Saturday meant working for Amy while I cleaned house (or, right before we had kids, went to two grad school classes).
* When we first had kids, Saturday meant the zoo or some other fun adventure.
Now, Saturday means:
* Waking up early and dragging my sore body through the streets of Philadelphia for a run before the kids wake up.
* Going grocery shopping while Amy does the laundry.
* Doing the taxes while Amy cleans house.
We broke up all that fun with periodic calls to our kids to come down for mealtime or to clean up the mess that has become their rooms and play areas. I tell you, we live a wild and crazy life, the two of us.
I wouldn't trade it for anything.