Friday, March 13, 2009

Spiderman Caught


Aaron had been having looser and looser stools over the course of the week. So when I was awoken at a painfully early hour by his cries for help, I wondered if a messy diaper change was in order.

I got up to his room, materials in hand and nose ready for the worst. Instead, he was upset because the little Spiderman action figure he sleeps with was caught in a loose string of his blanket.

A quick unlooping of Spiderman freed the superhero, and Aaron obediently fell back into his bed. When I got back downstairs, I passed Amy in the hallway and said, "Spiderman was caught."

Our son has what his special instructor calls "low self-help skills." Especially when he's upset or angry, he has trouble doing relatively easy things for himself. This may be an example. A bit of a challenge for us; but in the middle of the night, I'll take freeing Spidey over cleaning up a messy diaper.

No comments: