Friday, June 13, 2008

What A Difference A Year Makes

I had some dental problems earlier this year, and had a follow-up check-up this week as a result.  Thankfully, a cleaner bill of health; although I took the opportunity to tell my boss when I returned from the appointment that it was all my son's fault, to which he responded that he'd never heard that excuse for bad oral hygiene before.  But I explained that I'm usually actually pretty good about oral hygiene, in that the last thing I do at the end of the night is brush and floss my teeth; only, when Aaron first arrived, there was no "end of the night," and therefore not enough brushing and flossing.

Fast forward a year, and what a difference.  Aaron is so easy at bedtime, it's laughable.  On weekdays, it's pushing 6:30 by the time we get home, and after a luxurious meal of 30 to 45 minutes, he'll start making those yawning, "I'm so tired it hurts" noises.  Give him five minutes to putter around on the floor, just enough to have a bowel movement, and then it's a diaper change, pajamas on, and up to bed, where he'll be quiet until morning.  Even bedtime is a cinch: drop him in his crib, tuck him and his teddy bear under his blanket, shade down, air purifier and air conditioner on, and nighty night.  God bless the little guy.


No comments: