Friday, February 22, 2008

Just When I Thought it Was Easy

The week started off peacefully.  Unlike most weeks, I had no evening commitments, so I wasn't rushing through any dinners or bedtimes, getting to sleep too late, waking up too soon.  Amy was feeling more energetic, the kids were getting along, and work was going well.  I think I even allowed myself a half-second of thinking to myself, "This ain't bad."

Then in a matter of days, the weather took a turn for the worse, my throat started getting scratchy, Amy fell ill, and both my kids threw up.  And so it is with two kids: such little breathing room, that even when the stars align, it seems you only get one breath before it all starts up again.  Still, I write this with a smile on my face, because life is good and I love my family and so, in the grand scheme of things, it ain't bad.

No comments: