Sunday, November 04, 2007

Bread and Rocks

That loaf we brought to Valley Green a couple of weeks ago? The wrong loaf! That's right, I pulled a good loaf out of the fridge that day, instead of the one that had a big hole in it from the grocery store.

Of course, this meant we simply had to return to Valley Green, which we did this afternoon; and this time we brought Amy. So while Amy took Aaron for a walk in the woods, I supervised Jada as she threw bread and rocks at the ducks.

Aaron seemed to like looking up at the tall trees, while Jada was all business. She threw an absolute fit when we announced it was time to go, and I had to do everything in my power to keep her from Peter Panning right into the creek as she tried to throw herself out of my grip and back onto her stoop.

Don't worry, Jada, I have a feeling we'll be back to Valley Green again. After all, there's a package of stale hot dog buns that have been in the back of our freezer since July.





No comments: