Monday, October 22, 2007

Ducks in Paradise

Amy has been really sick lately, so much so that I left work early to relieve her of the kids. So I decided to get them out of the house and try the ducks again.

This time, we made it to Valley Green without a hitch. I got Aaron strapped in to the stroller, and then set up Jada on the edge of the trail with that $1.25 loaf of bread from this past weekend. She quickly unloaded piece after piece into the water, much to the delight of the ducks a few feet below.

She spent the rest of the afternoon throwing pebbles into the water, while I took as many pictures as possible and took in the beauty that is this sliver of Fairmount Park. I can't tell you how many times I've come here, to commune with nature and to go over big decisions with God. I proposed to Amy here. And every time I come back, I am filled with serenity, between the slow-moving creek (many people say Wissahickon means "bear fat," which is what the water looks like as it meanders its way along) and the tall trees and the crisp air.

So I'm glad that it appears this spot is now one of our kids' favorites, too. We'll come back soon, and this time with Amy and with a picnic lunch.












No comments: