Friday, May 18, 2007

Different This Time Around

As I prepare to meet Aaron, I'm a little bummed I won't have nearly as
much time to spend with him as when Jada came into our lives. To be
sure, as a full-time student with a part-time internship, it was
financially hard to go from two incomes and two bellies to half an
income and three bellies, but it was so nice to have tons of time each
week to go to the zoo, go for walks, and literally watch Jada grow up.
In retrospect, I'm so glad it worked out this way, because it has
been really important for me to have time with Jada in her first year
or so with us.

With the exception of a smattering of days off I plan to take in
Aaron's first month here, I'll have to get to know my son in the
mornings, evenings, and weekends. The good news is that both Amy and
I have some parenting experience under our belt, so while there'll be
some re-learning, we won't be starting from scratch. Still, with
Aaron I'll just have to make up in quality time what I won't have
nearly as much of in quantity of time.

No comments: