Friday, May 18, 2007

Bad Back

I'm convinced I have about 5-10 years left before my eyes require
bifocals, and my knees give out from running and I have to convert to
biking or swimming. But I think I'll have even less time to enjoy a
healthy back.

In preparation for Aaron's arrival, Amy and I have been mulling over
which two-seat stroller to buy. We decided on a "sit and stand"
version, which would have a smaller footprint that those behemoth
two-seaters that are front-back or side-to-side.

We're happy with our purchase, but while it's smaller than a normal
two-seater, it's much bigger than our current dinky one-seater, which
I regularly lug up steps with Jada inside. Our new stroller by itself
is pushing 25 pounds. Plus the weight of a growing Jada and our Big
Boy, and you're talking about looking for elevators and on-ramps a lot
more.

But every once in a while, I'll have options but to hoist the thing up
into the air, with two rugrats on board. So I can't imagine that my
back won't be shot by the time I'm 40, and my kids will have to hear
the words, "Go get Daddy an ice-pack."

No comments: