Sunday, August 13, 2006

Test Run For the Shore

Even though Jada's pretty adventurous, Amy and I harbored some doubts that she'd like the Shore, where she'll be going for the first time later this summer. Maybe she wouldn't like the sand or be scared of the water, we thought. Probably not, but if so, it would be a long week there.

Well, I don't think we'll have to worry about that. This weekend was my company's annual picnic, at a house that abutted a lake. As soon as we arrived, Jada and I dove right in, quite literally, and she found the water to be fun. She also enjoyed stomping on the sand, whether in her new water shoes or in her barefeet.

Even though she was exhausted by the end of our stay (for she had not napped that afternoon), I could tell she wanted to stay and play longer. Well, soon enough we'll be in water and sand again.



No comments: