Tuesday, April 04, 2006

In the Middle of the Night

Jada cried herself awake last night. She's cried in the middle of the
night before but is usually able to get herself back down. But
tonight, we could tell that wasn't going to happen. I can't tell you
when was the last time we had to get her in the middle of the night;
probably months. It was so long ago that, holding her in the rocking
chair as her crying abated, I couldn't help but think how much bigger
she was than the last time I had to do this. Though she's getting
bigger every day, she is still a tiny little thing, and it was just
the sweetest thing to hold her as she calmed herself down, and finally
fell back asleep. When I hold her in the evening in the rocking chair
before bedtime, those are times I like to use to pray for her – for
her safety and for her development, for her to be kept by God and for
her to learn how to love God and, through Him, to love others. Last
night, I guess I got to do it twice.

No comments: