Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Pediatrician

First appointment with pediatrician this afternoon. A straight-shooting but kind Chinese man in the Queen Village section of Philadelphia. His practice has seen its share of adopted babies from China, so he was unfazed as he perused the medical report we had on Jada. We went over general health issues, percentiles of height and weight and head circumference, diet, and immunizations/medicines, among other topics. Our meeting lasted maybe 45 minutes and it left Amy and me feeling much more informed. I know nothing, so the fact that I now know a little made me feel good; and Amy knows a lot about this kind of stuff, so hearing it from an expert made her feel more comfortable. We left with him telling us to bring her in as soon as possible after we came back, and then every two months after that. Given how little I know, and how important our little one’s health is to us, I wouldn’t want it any other way.

No comments: