Wednesday, June 12, 2024

More Sunshine

 


Happy to report we've closed on another investment property, a 3-bedroom 2-bathroom unit within a resort in the Orlando area not far from Disney World. We now have 2 units in the Sunshine State, which means we've doubled down on the bet that there will be future demand for leisure there and that our family will enjoy being among those travelers. (Even better, light rail will soon connect Miami and Orlando, making it easier to hit both places on the same trip south.)

Funny enough, I had identified this exact resort complex many years ago when I was first doing research on a family vacation to Orlando, when Aaron and Jada were younger than Asher is now. It's in a good location, with amazing on-site amenities any family would love: lake and beach, restaurant, spa, splash park, multiple pools, basketball courts, etc. We're eager to enjoy it ourselves, and hoping many other families will see the specs and images and want to do the same.

There's obviously a lot to do in Orlando, but the marquee draw is Disney of course. And at 19, 17, and 9, our kids may have missed the chance for a magical trip to this iconic destination from the eyes of a little kid. But when they have their own families, this place will be available to them, which was a driver in pulling the trigger on this place and makes me happy to think it can become a cherished gathering place for future generations of Huang family members.

Unlike all my other properties, the unit is truly suburban in that, while there's lots to do within the complex, there's no walking to stuff right outside our front door. I joked with Amy and the kids that that'll be where we can cosplay as suburbanites, driving everywhere for food and shopping and movies. I'm also imagining it as an obvious destination for me to host golf trips year-round with friends and colleagues.

As with any major purchase, it comes with risks, just like all my other properties. Indeed, in my short stint as an owner of investment property, I've had my share of good times and bad, pleasant surprises and unforeseen complications. For this unit in Orlando, I did my homework, kept my eyes out and open, and took a leap of faith. Glad to have made it happen!

PS Here's the listing if you want to take a look (and pictures below), although very soon I will circulate the official updated listing for rental purposes so you can book your own magical vacation: https://www.redfin.com/FL/Davenport/214-Rum-Run-33897/unit-214/home/187229567.








No comments: