Thursday, July 15, 2021

The Kids, They're Growing Up


 

Blink, they say, and you're cheering them on at graduation or walking them down the aisle at their wedding.  The early days of parenting can seem so long and unending, but somehow it is also true that the years fly by.

With Aaron off at multiple consecutive weeks of sleepaway camp, and Jada gone at work multiple nights a week, we're getting a sneak peek at what it'll be like when they leave the nest more fully.  Even Asher, at the tender age of 6, is starting to look like a young man and so it's not hard to extrapolate to when he won't be a little boy anymore.

I may have retirement day dreams, pining for days when I have more discretionary time to do what I want to do, unencumbered by either carrying a heavy job or parenting small kids.  But I'm sure if I ever get there, I'll pine for these days too.  Because they ain't bad.  The kids, they're growing up.  And I'm doing my darnedst to savor every moment.

No comments: