Monday, January 28, 2019

Anatomy of a Weekend

From 5:00pm on a Friday to 9:00am the next Monday is 64 hours.  This is the length of a typical working person's weekend.  Here is how I spent one of those weekends earlier this month.



Friday 5p-6p Um...still at work.

6p-6:45p I took the subway to the Y to pick up Aaron at swim practice and bring him home, but he made a last-minute decision to go to church youth group (Jada was already there) so I dropped him off there and walked home.

6:45p-7:30p Bedtime stories with Asher and then right back to the Y for a quick swim.

7:30p-8:30p A quick swim at the Y and then I walked on the treadmill until Aaron and Jada were done with youth group, and then I walked over to church to pick them up and we walked home.

8:30p-11:30p I didn't quite get everything done at work that I needed to, so that was my evening (while eating leftovers).

11:30p to Saturday 5:30a sleep!

5:30a-6:30a wake up, pray, Bible, email, Facebook.

6:30a-8a Asher was up by now so we did breakfast and then took the bus to the Y.

8a-10a I put Asher in Kid Watch while I ran (and watched Netflix) and then lifted, and then we took the bus home.

10a-10:30a while Amy put Asher down for a nap, I grabbed a bite and made lunches for Aaron and Asher.

10:30a-11:30a ah, nap!

11:30a-12p woke up, got myself and Asher ready to head out.

12p-1p drove Asher and Aaron to Aaron's meet, and then took Asher to a nearby Y.

1p-3p 2nd workout of the day while Asher was in Kid Watch, although I'd hardly call a slow walk on the treadmill while watching Netflix a workout.

3p-5p took Asher to the Christiana Mall to window shop and play in the kid area.

5p-6p headed back to Aaron's meet to wait for him to finish.

6p-7p drove Asher and Aaron home.

7p-8p dinner and bedtime with Asher.

8p-10p bills, chores around the house.

10p to Sunday 5am sleep!

5a-6a wake up, pray, Bible, email, Facebook.

6a-7a Asher was up so I got him set up with breakfast and then made breakfast and lunch for Aaron.

7a-8a drove Asher and Aaron to Aaron's meet, and then took Asher to a different Y.

8a-10a while Asher was in Kid Watch, I swam and then watched Netflix while on the exercise bike.

10a-12p got Asher from Kid Watch and then we ate, played, and watched TV in the Y lounge.

12p-1p went back to the meet to wait for Aaron to be done.

1p-2p drove Asher and Aaron home.

2p-4:30p picked up Amy and Jada and we all went to Chinese buffet.

4:30p-7p on and off watched the Eagles game with Amy while Asher watched TV nearby and then got a bath and did bedtime stories.

7p-8p check work and school board emails, get work bag and clothes ready for tomorrow.

8p-9p read in bed.

9p to Monday 4am sleep!

4a-4:45a wake up, pray, Bible, email, Facebook.

4:45a-6a run outside, end up at Y, lift weights, run home.

6a-6:30a shower, shave, dress, put clothes out for tomorrow.

6:30a-7:30a Asher is up so I got him set up for breakfast and then made breakfast and lunch for Aaron and Jada.

7:30a-8a take Asher to school by subway and then get back on subway to go to my first meeting.

8a-9a first work meeting and then walk to office.

No comments: