Friday, October 07, 2016

God, Protect Our Children

Parents' most desperate, earnest, and consistent prayers to God are for Him to protect their children.  These entreaties are borne of the preciousness of their little ones and of the impossibility of the parents themselves to safeguard safety. 

It feels good to pray for our kids.  Even though I don't feel total peace after I do so, I do feel like I've been honest with God and I do trust Him to have them in His hands. 

But that doesn't mean I don't fret.  I worry over what will happen to Asher when he gets older, seeing all the dangers he will have as a young black man in this country.  I worry over Jada because I know that she will be vulnerable to getting hurt, physically or emotionally, by men.  And I worry over Aaron because it is possible that his temper will cause him to do something in an instant that he will regret for the rest of his life. 

God, protect our children, from these and other harms.  Protect all our children.  Help us not to hurt them, and to not be silent when others do them harm. 

No comments: