Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

Last weekend was one of the great child milestones: the first haircut.

Despite multiple exposures to the neighborhood barber, Asher found this experience unsettling.  It was just me and him, so I had to keep him strapped into the stroller while I got my haircut, and you know how much he likes being hemmed in.

When it was his turn, he did not like the chair or the apron at all.  I had to hold him in my lap, and even then he was a squirmy worm while the barber did his thing.  Mercifully, the barber and I both decided to keep things simple, so we just shaved everything off - no fade, no lines, no muss, no fuss.

It's weird seeing Asher without his hair.  He's still cute bald, but we think we're going to let him grow it out again.  Til then,
the soft brush is our friend!

No comments: