Monday, April 18, 2016

Snapchat

https://www.snapchat.com/global/social-lg.jpgWe were pretty early in letting Jada get on social media.  She's had a lot of time on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, and while she's made her mistakes, I'm largely glad we've let her experiment while under our supervision so she can learn what is appropriate in a safer setting than when she is older and more on her own.

Earlier this month, she told me she was also on Snapchat, which caught me off-guard.  Apparently, she pulled the ol' "ask mom, not dad" ruse.  I hastily joined and then connected to her so I could monitor, although quite frankly I'm pretty sure Snapchat has a hidden feature that makes it illegible to anyone over 40.  I certainly can't figure out how to use it.  We'll have to keep an extra eye on Jada's actions here, and on other platforms that are to come.  Ah, parenthood in 2016 and beyond...

No comments: