Thursday, December 03, 2015

First Book

http://csfirstfriends.org/images/Bible.jpg
As a big believer in reading to your kids from the very beginning, I am happy to say that, as with Jada and Aaron before him, I've been reading regularly with Asher as well.  Just a few days ago, we finally finished our first book together.  Yep, we read through the Bible, from Genesis 1 to Revelation 22.

At about 1,200 chapters, that works out to about 5 chapters a day.  Or, if the Bible on CD times are accurate, about 15 to 20 minutes a day, which is about what I was shooting for.  It was fun to read the Bible from start to finish, since in my morning Bible reading times it takes me about 10 years to cycle through the whole thing, and I'm usually jumping around from section to section at that.

Like a good Presbyterian, our next book is the Book of Confessions, which I also got through with Jada and with Aaron after we had gotten through the Bible.  And then after that, I suppose we can hit "Goodnight Moon" and "Cat in the Hat."

No comments: