Wednesday, August 19, 2015

My Pangs

Having children, it is said, is like having your heart go walking around outside your body.  My three do have my heart, it is true.  But, having adopted them, the pangs I feel are slightly different, more like that something very precious has been entrusted to me from a very precious source.  The preciousness of the source makes me take the responsibility with the utmost seriousness.  And the preciousness of the thing that has been entrusted to me warrants all of my attention.

We live a charmed life.  Our kids are relatively healthy and well-adjusted.  We live a financially and socially comfortable existence.  But we are not without our extra worries.  All three have had or may have some extra health issues that burden our hearts.  We live in a dangerous world with all kinds of snares lurking around the corner.

Amy and I both bear many heavy burdens at work, and it's uncertain whether the work burdens are easier or harder than those that accompany caring for the three little ones under our roof.  It is well that we begin and end each day in prayer, for the One who made our little ones and gave them to us is the One who will see us and them through to the end.  Amen and amen.

No comments: