Wednesday, June 17, 2015

3 + 3 < 5

Because Asher is a pretty good baby and because Amy is still on leave and does the lion's share of caring for him, I've been able to get a not unreasonable amount of sleep each night.  Usually it's about 5 to 6 uninterrupted hours, which is less than I need (7-8) but more than I feared pre-Asher.

What I feared the most, but have largely avoided, was chopped-up sleep.  Lately, though, I've had my sleep chopped up.  Two nights ago I was out late so got to bed late, and then Asher was up unusually early in my shift.  Though he went down not long after, it meant that night I got three hours of sleep before and then three more after.  Last night was a similar story.

Two nights of chopped up sleep wipes this old fart out.  Strange how I can manage on 5 hours straight but am a wreck on 3 plus 3.  Sleep math is weird sometimes, and so is being a dad of a baby.

No comments: