Wednesday, March 05, 2014

The Hardest and Best Job

http://images.roadtrafficsigns.com/img/lg/K/Slow-Steep-Grade-Sign-K-5750.gifWithout delving into the details, let me say that now that Jada is 9 and in the 3rd grade, her developmental issues are such that both her strengths and her weaknesses are becoming more vivid.  Amy and I find ourselves marveling at her one day, and cringing about her the next.  Sometimes we sigh with relief at how well she's doing, and sometimes we exhale deeply in the realization that she has a long way to go. 

I don't want to say much more except to say that I think all parents go through what we're going through, and I know there are many parents who have much harder issues to slog through.  I write this morning not to invite pity or praise or advice or acknowledgment, but to state what all parents surely know, which is that parenthood is the hardest and best job the world has ever seen.  I pray we parents do it well.

No comments: