Sunday, February 20, 2011

Friday Night Lights Out


It was a Friday night earlier this month, after a long and tiring work week for both Amy and me. The kids had just been put to bed but weren't quite sleepy enough to just be quiet and close their eyes, so they were chattering about. Both Amy and I were up on their floor, Amy trying to pry out a DVD that Aaron had funkily put into the player and that would not either play or eject. I was trying to locate a remote control police car that had been left on and that was therefore making ominous noises in 15-minute increments.

As Amy banged away on the DVD player and I searched in vain for that annoying car, we looked at each other and I said, "Look what Friday night has turned into for us." I smiled. Amy made a face and muttered under her breath at the DVD player. Yup, we live a wild and crazy life.

No comments: