Friday, November 12, 2010

Take Your Son to Work (And Then Take Him Home Before He Has a Meltdown) Day


Early dismissal at Aaron's school yesterday necessitated that I get him a hair before noon, a good 5+ hours before I usually do. I decided to bring him back to the office, eat a brown bag lunch with him there, and sit him in front of a portable DVD and Toy Story in my office afterwards. That got us to about 2, which was two more hours in the office that I wasn't expecting. But I knew I'd be better off leaving too soon than too late.

Sure enough, when he tired of Toy Story, I took him home, and by the time we got home he was in a whiny mood. Though he doesn't nap on the weekends, he still does at school, so he was likely sleepy. But he didn't go down easy, demanding to watch "Dinosaur Train" on the computer, never mind I needed the computer to continue my work day. Finally, mercifully, he fell asleep, allowing me to continue my work day.

I call it "Take Your Son to Work (And Then Take Him Home Before He Has a Meltdown) Day." And I hope there aren't too many more scheduled on the calendar.

No comments: